Waitrose Weekend:Everyday Meals
British Gammon, Egg & Chips.
I think we all wish that we were a little more self-efficient in the kitchen.
I also know that ever since I sprouted, I seem to have taken after my Father in becoming a renowned food snob.
I'll admit, as my Fathers willing accomplice I'm spoilt for choice when it comes to Restaurants and Bistros.
. . . All this being said and as charming a thought as it is, i'm no Delia or Heston.
Thats why I jumped when Papa A mentioned Waitrose and their published gammon, egg & chips. Simple enough for me to dish, while appealing to the eye and delightful to taste.
I promise that your guest won't be able to resist.
Gammon, Egg & Chips, Courtesy of Waitrose
Roughly 35 minutes
- 800g essential Waitrose Potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tbsp essential Waitrose Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 x essential Waitrose Smoked British Gammon Steak, halved
- 2 tsp essential Waitrose Wholegrain Mustard
- 4 Waitrose Free Range Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 220'C, gas mark 7
- Place the potato wedges in a large plastic bag or bowl and toss in the oil, paprika and seasoning.(I opted for a boiling pot with its lid. Before shaking the whole thing to get everything inside absolutely covered)
- Then spread them out onto a large baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes
- Meanwhile, coat the gammon steaks with the mustard and place on a grill rack under a preheated grill for 7-8 minutes, turning half way.
- Poach the eggs in boiling water according to taste.
- Serve the gammon with the wedges, topped with an egg
It really is ever so scrummy.